December 1, 2002
December 1, 2002
“THE RECIPES WILL CONVINCE EVEN SKEPTICS THAT LOW-FAT FOODS CAN TASTE FANTASTIC. . . . Only you have the power to change your diet, reduce the amount of fat it contains and eat heathfully. . . . Get started without sacrificing taste, convenience, and pleasure.”
-Daily News (New York)
Jam-packed with 150 new recipes-dishes that reflect the way Americans cook and eat today-The New American Heart Association Cookbook is a revolution in healthful cooking. The fabulous recipes inside prove you can eat deliciously for a healthier heart and a trimmer waistline. To name just a few there are Roasted-Pepper Hummus, Picante Shrimp with Broccoli and Snow Peas,
Chipotle Chicken Wraps, Asparagus with Garlic and Parmesan Bread Crumbs, and Angel Food Truffle Torte with Fruit Sauce.
This incredible revision also includes:
• Cook's tips that speed up cooking, explain techniques or ingredients, or add a special finishing touch
• Suggestions on how to shop for, store, and cook food healthfully-and tips on decoding food labels and manufacturers' claims
• A complete nutritional analysis for each recipe, including saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium, calories, fiber, and more
Discover the never-bland world of heart-healthy eating with The New American Heart Association Cookbook.
Sub-Genre: Health + Healing / Low Fat
- Subgenre: Health + Healing / Low Fat
- Publisher: Ballantine Books
- Language: English
- Release Date: December 1, 2002
- Author: American Heart Association
- Online Item #: 11827319
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-25-6520
- ISBN: 9780345461810
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported