May 4, 2009
May 4, 2009
Explores how the rapid rise of such nations as China, India, and Brazil is countering America's previous dominance over the global economy, geopolitics, and culture, and shares advice on how the United States can thrive in the face of international changes.
Noted commentator Fareed Zakaria issues a major statement about the a new world order, in which the United States plays a leading role, but not the dominating role that many American have been used to. Global growth has brought robust economic activity around the world, and he notes the rise of India, China, and other countries. Zakaria tells how and why this happened and where it can lead, taking the time to provide enough historical background to explain current events. Writing from his own perspective, and drawing on his experiences, Zakaria remains an enthusiastic booster of the American way, and is sanguine about the ability of America to adapt to a changing world. Selected by the New York Times Book Review as a Notable Book of 2008.
- Genre: Social Science, Political Science, History, Philosophy, Business + Money Management, Religion + Beliefs
- Subgenre: International Relations / General, Globalization, Future Studies, Asia / General, International / Economics, International / General, General
- Language: English
- Author: Fareed Zakaria
- Online Item #: 11831164
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-25-9004
- ISBN: 9780393334807
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported