June 23, 2011
June 23, 2011
How psilocybin mushrooms facilitate a direct link to the wisdom of Nature and the meaning of life
• Examines the neurochemistry underlying the visionary psilocybin experience
• Explains how sacred mushrooms help restore our connection to the natural intelligence of Nature
• Reviews the research on psilocybin’s ability to dispel anxiety in the terminally ill and its helpful effects on obsessive-compulsive disorder
It has been more than 50 years since sacred mushrooms were plucked from the shamanic backwaters of Mexico and presented to the modern world by R. Gordon Wasson. After sparking the psychedelic era of the 1960s, however, the divine mushroom returned underground from whence it mysteriously originated. Yet today, the mushroom’s extraordinary influence is once again being felt by large numbers of people, due to the discovery of hundreds of wild psilocybin species growing across the globe.
In The Psilocybin Solution, Simon G. Powell traces the history of the sacred psilocybin mushroom and discusses the shamanic visionary effects it can induce. Detailing how psilocybin acts as a profound enhancer of consciousness and reviewing the research performed by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), Johns Hopkins University, and the Heffter Research Institute on psilocybin’s ability to dispel anxiety in the terminally ill and its helpful effects on obsessive-compulsive disorder, he examines the neurochemistry, psychology, and spirituality underlying the visionary psilocybin experience, revealing the interface where physical brain and conscious mind meet. Showing that the existence of life and the functioning of mind are the result of a naturally intelligent, self-organizing Universe, he explains how sacred mushrooms provide a direct link to the wisdom of Nature and the meaning of life.
Genre: Body + Mind + Spirit
Sub-Genre: Spirituality / Shamanism
- Genre: Body + Mind + Spirit
- Subgenre: Spirituality / Shamanism
- Language: English
- Author: Simon G. Powell
- Online Item #: 13264859
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-61-0183
- ISBN: 9781594774058
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported