May 29, 2007
May 29, 2007
Soon to be a major motion picture from Disney, this beloved classic is published here in its authoritative original English version
One of the worldâ's best-loved stories of shipwreck and survival, The Swiss Family Robinson portrays a familyâ's struggle to create a new life for themselves on a strange and fantastic tropical island. Blown off course by a raging storm, the familyâ?a Swiss pastor, his wife, their four young sons, plus two dogs and a shipload of livestockâ?must rely on one another in order to adapt to their needs the natural wonders of their exotic new home. Inspired by Daniel Defoeâ's Robinson Crusoe, this classic story of invention and adventure has fired the imaginations of readers since it first appeared in 1812. Freely translated over the years, with major sections excised and new subplots added, the novel is published here in its original English translation, fully restored for a new generation of readers.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Action + Thrillers, Comics + Graphic Novels / General, Nature + the Natural World / General, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Family / General, General, Classics, Action + Adventure / Survival Stories, Action + Adventure / General
- Language: English
- Author: Johann David Wyss
- Online Item #: 13242713
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-59-8628
- ISBN: 9780143104995
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported