June 1, 2005
June 1, 2005
After losing Gandalf and being divided from their other companions during an Orc attack, Frodo and Sam continue towards Mordor, Land of the Enemy, to destroy the Ring, accompanied only by a mysterious figure that follows them.
The action really picks up in this middle volume of the internationally renowned classic epic THE LORD OF THE RINGS. The Fellowship, the band of nine companions whose task it was to bring down the Dark Lord Sauron by destroying his Ring of Power, has been sundered. Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas race to rescue the hobbits Merry and Pippin, kidnapped by orcs, and receive help from an unexpected quarter. Meanwhile, Frodo and his servant Sam continue on toward Mordor, accompanied by their unreliable guide, Gollum, who himself once bore the Ring that Frodo now carries. Will Gollum lead them safely to Mordor, or will he betray them for the chance to take Sauron's Ring back for himself? And will Frodo be able to bear up under the increasing burden of the Ring--or will he succumb to its evil?
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Classics, Romance, General, Science Fiction + Fantasy, War + Military, Conflicts + Dualities, Action + Thrillers, Science Fiction + Fantasy + Magic
- Age: 9-12 years
- Language: English
- Author: J. R. R. Tolkien
- Online Item #: 11820442
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-25-1157
- ISBN: 9780618574957
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported