March 1, 2005
March 1, 2005
This charming classic, first published in 1908, is set in an idyllic, fantasy Edwardian England, in which some animals can talk and interact with humans. The story chronicles the adventures of four friends who make their home in the lush countryside, the busy riverbank, and the mysterious woods: good-hearted Mole, clever Water Rat, wise reclusive Badger, and the reckless Toad, whose new obsession with motorcars has some very unfortunate consequences. Illustrated with delicate, full-color ink and watercolor drawings, this version of the book was originally published in two volumes, and abridges the text to a certain extent. In particular, it omits the somewhat controversial chapter "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" in which Mole and Rat encounter the Greek god Pan.
- Genre: Comics + Graphic Novels, Fiction + Literature Themes, Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Animals / General, Literary, Humorous Fiction, General, Classics, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Action + Thrillers, Nature + Animals, Romance
- Age: 4-8 years
- Edition: Unabridged
- Language: English
- Author: Kenneth Grahame
- Narrator: Mary Woods (Narrator)
- Online Item #: 11461819
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-03-3784
- ISBN: 9780786180318
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported