May 1, 2002
May 1, 2002
Carefully reallocating the Time of Discworld to where it is most needed, Monk of History Lu Tze and his apprentice begin a literal race against time when the world's first truly accurate clock threatens to stop Time forever.
Lu-Tze, a relatively minor character in several previous novels, finally comes to the fore in this 26th Discworld fantasy, which also satirizes the master-pupil relationship popularized in kung-fu movies. The Auditors of reality (a recurrent nemesis in the series) commission Jeremy Clockson to build a glass clock so accurate it can stop--and subsequently shatter--time. It's up to Death's granddaughter Susan, Lu-Tze (a Monk of History, dedicated to maintaining the fabric of time), and his curiously talented novice, Lobsang Ludd, to destroy the clock and save the universe.
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: General, Humorous Fiction, Science Fiction + Fantasy, Stages of Life
- Language: English
- Author: Terry Pratchett
- Online Item #: 11992045
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-31-8482
- ISBN: 9780061031328
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported