June 9, 2005
June 9, 2005
Fans of Tintin, the boy journalist wunderkind of Herges beloved comicbook series, will be a bit surprised by art critic and world traveler Frederic Tuten's postmodern take on the character. In TINTIN IN THE NEW WORLD, instead of solving crimes or finding treasure, Tintin muses on the meaning of life, has his first sexual encounter, grows old, and even contemplates suicide. Responding to a mysterious letter, Tintin travels to Peru and encounters four characters from Thomas Mann's MAGIC MOUNTAIN. The four begin the philosophical process that will transfom him into a man. Some will find the novel pretentious, but others will relish the lengthy ruminations on art and culture and admire Tuten's strange subversion of the French classic.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: Conflicts + Dualities, Love + Relationships + Sex, General, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Action + Thrillers
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: General, Conflicts + Dualities, Action + Thrillers, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Love + Relationships + Sex
- Language: English
- Author: Frederic Tuten
- Online Item #: 11686761
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-15-5932
- ISBN: 9781580730334
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported