May 11, 2010
May 11, 2010
A deluxe hardcover edition commemorates the 50th anniversary of the beloved classic novel about racial justice in the Deep South, a story that inspired an equally beloved movie and inspired the generations that followed. 100,000 first printing.
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is about the crisis of human behavior and conscience arising from the racism and prejudice that exist in the small Southern town during the Depression. Scout Finch, age 8, who lives with her brother, Jem, and their lawyer father, Atticus, in Maycomb, Alabama, tells the story of her father's defense of Tom Robinson, a young black man who is being tried for the ****** of a white woman. Harper Lee's only novel, first published in 1960 and awarded the Pulitzer Prize in 1961, is a much-beloved tale of growing up, as well as an exploration of heroism confronted with bigotry.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: Stages of Life, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Settings, General, Peoples + Cultures, Classics, Human Qualities + Behavior, Literary, Society + Social Issues, Family + Friendship, Conflicts + Dualities
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Fiction + Literature Themes
- Subgenre: Society + Social Issues, Settings, Human Qualities + Behavior, Family + Friendship, General, Classics, Conflicts + Dualities, Legal + Courtroom + Crime, Stages of Life, Peoples + Cultures, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Literary
- Edition: Anniversary
- Language: English
- Author: Harper Lee
- Online Item #: 12222670
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 059-01-2492
- ISBN: 9780061743528
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported