June 1, 2010
June 1, 2010
Pirates, buried treasure, and action aplenty--that's what's served up in this fine story, mates, and kids will eat it up. After Jim Hawkins finds the map to a mysterious treasure, he sets sail in search of the fortune. Little does he realize he's boarded a pirate ship, and that surprises and danger await him...including a meeting with the inforgettable Long John Silver.
Jim Hawkins, who narrates Stevenson's classic tale, is rewarded for his assistance to an old pirate, Billy Bones, with a map showing the way to buried treasure. He and his associates set sail for the island on a ship manned by a band of pirates--a fact they discover en route. The pirate king is the notorious one-legged cook Long John Silver, one of Stevenson's most delightfully conceived villains. The pirates are vanquished, the treasure is retrieved, and Stevenson's novel is widely loved, and admired as one of the great adventure novels of all time.
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: General, Action + Adventure / General, Settings, Stages of Life, Animals / Alligators + Crocodiles, Types of Characters, Classics, Conflicts + Dualities, Money + Finance, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Travel + Voyages
- Age: 9-12 years
- Language: English
- Author: R. L. Stevenson , Robert Louis Stevenson
- Illustrator: Lucy Corvino
- Online Item #: 12243079
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-42-4273
- ISBN: 9781402773587
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported