June 12, 2007
June 12, 2007
While going through the possessions of a deceased guest who owed them money, an innkeeper and her son find a treasure map that leads to a pirate fortune as well as great danger.
Jim Hawkins, who narrates Stevenson's classic tale, is rewarded for his assistance to an old pirate, Billy Bones, with a map showing the way to buried treasure. He and his associates set sail for the island on a ship manned by a band of pirates--a fact they discover en route. The pirate king is the notorious one-legged cook Long John Silver, one of Stevenson's most delightfully conceived villains. The pirates are vanquished, the treasure is retrieved, and Stevenson's novel is widely loved, and admired as one of the great adventure novels of all time.
- Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Classics, Literary, Action + Thrillers, Settings, Money + Finance, Types of Characters, Stages of Life, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, General, Conflicts + Dualities, Animals / Alligators + Crocodiles, Action + Adventure / General, Travel + Voyages
- Age: 4-8 years
- Edition: Unabridged
- Language: English
- Author: Robert Louis Stevenson , R. L. Stevenson
- Narrator: Alfred Molina (Narrator)
- Online Item #: 11461167
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-03-3104
- ISBN: 9780739350461
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported