June 1, 1987
June 1, 1987
Henry Miller's classic, which pictures with unapologetic gusto an American expatriate in Paris, ushered in a new era of freedom and frankness in modern writing.
Down and out in Paris, the narrator of TROPIC OF CANCER hangs out in the Montparnasse neighborhood with fellow expatriates and artists. Told via turbulent, elaborate prose, the story is infused with graphic sexuality and sheer gusto. Originally published in 1934, TROPIC OF CANCER was banned from the U.S. until 1961; when it was finally printed here, the event of its publication became a pivotal moment in American obscenity law.
Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Types of Characters, Human Qualities + Behavior, Love + Relationships + Sex, Conflicts + Dualities, Erotica, Philosophy, Literary
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Themes, Fiction + Literature Genres
- Subgenre: Literary, Love + Relationships + Sex, Philosophy, Literary Genres + Types of Novels, Human Qualities + Behavior, Types of Characters, Erotica, Conflicts + Dualities
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Author: Henry Miller
- Online Item #: 11401908
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-02-0045
- ISBN: 9780802131782
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported