January 29, 2013
April 15, 2013
This book explores the historical impact of Kemalism, anti-liberalism and westernization and examines the conditions which have contributed to the country's evolution away from a nationalist political identity. Tracing the development of nationalism from its founding period before the Young Turk Revolution of 1908 to the present AKP government - and analyzing key factors such as the position of minorities in the Turkification process and the influence of state and society centered religious politics - this strong and significant contribution casts a new light on a vivid international debate.
- Genre: History, Political Science
- Subgenre: Political Ideologies / Nationalism, Middle East / General, International Relations / General
- Edition: Reprint
- Language: English
- Online Item #: 14301354
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-81-4505
- ISBN: 9781780763996
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported