May 11, 2010
May 11, 2010
Set in 1935, during the Great Depression, an 11-year-old girl nicknamed Turtle goes to live with relatives in Key West, Florida, after her mother takes a job as a housekeeper for a woman who does not like children; as a result, Turtle's world opens up in many unexpected ways, and she finds herself coming out of the shell she has spent her whole life building.
Set in 1935, when times were tough, 11-year-old Turtle's mother is fortunate enough to get a job as a housekeeper. But the woman she's working for doesn't like children, so Turtle is sent down south, to Key West and relatives she doesn't know. A tough customer, Turtle quickly falls in with a fun loving group of kids that trade babysitting for candy. Soon, she's tearing around, discovering her family, and finding unexpected treasure.
Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: Historical / General, Social Issues / Friendship
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Social Issues / Friendship, Historical / General
- Age: 9-12 years
- Publisher: Random House Children's Books
- Pages: 191
- Language: English
- Release Date: May 11, 2010
- Author: Jennifer L. Holm
- Online Item #: 12274581
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-04-2669
- ISBN: 9780375836886
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported