December 27, 2011
May 10, 2011
In 1935, when her mother gets a job housekeeping for a woman who does not like children, eleven-year-old Turtle is sent to stay with relatives she has never met in far away Key West, Florida.
Set in 1935, when times were tough, 11-year-old Turtle's mother is fortunate enough to get a job as a housekeeper. But the woman she's working for doesn't like children, so Turtle is sent down south, to Key West and relatives she doesn't know. A tough customer, Turtle quickly falls in with a fun loving group of kids that trade babysitting for candy. Soon, she's tearing around, discovering her family, and finding unexpected treasure.
Genre: Juvenile Fiction, Fiction + Literature Genres
Sub-Genre: General, Social Issues / Friendship, Historical / General
- Genre: Fiction + Literature Genres, Juvenile Fiction
- Subgenre: Social Issues / Friendship, Historical / General, General
- Age: 9-12 years
- Publisher: Yearling Books
- Pages: 208
- Language: English
- Author: Jennifer L. Holm
- Online Item #: 13453769
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-65-8655
- ISBN: 9780375836909
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported