September 13, 2005
September 13, 2005
Aspiring wizards can tune in to the age-old wisdom of Merlin with this dazzling compendium of all things magical — unveiling novelty elements throughout.
For any apprentice determined to learn the arcane arts of wizardry, could there be a better teacher than . . . Merlin himself? Originally discovered in 1588, this remarkable text by history's most respected wizard is revealed to the world for the very first time. Lavishly illustrated by four delicate artists, WIZARDOLOGY's intricate design even conceals a series of hidden symbols that spell out a secret message when their code is deciphered — if the reader is clever enough to find them.
Among WIZARDOLOGY's special features are:
-a glittering crystal ball-like jewel on the front cover
- a world map showing locations of wizards around the globe
- tactile samples of a "fairy flag" with one wish remaining and a phoenix feather to aid in flying charms
- booklets explaining the proper use of spells, familiars, and potions
- a removable dragon pendant allowing the user to dowse for mythical beasts
- a pack of eight removable fortune-tellling cards
- a 48-page mini book of divination on the final spread
This sumptuous volume is another fascinating, beautifully illustrated, and information-crammed fantasy work from the authors who brought EGYPTOLOGY and DRAGONOLOGY into the world. Everything a budding young wizard might want to know is contained here, from a map of locating the world's wizards, the proper set-up of the wizard's workshop, and attire and equipment to the different kinds of spells, animal companions, and even a compendium of magical creatures. There's even a "Wizard's Test" involving the location of 13 treasures buried in the art. Scattered throughout are pop-ups, fold-outs, and removable notes accompanied by highly detailed, medievalesque artwork.
- Online Item #: 11319481
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 247-00-2216
- ISBN: 9780763628956
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported