June 4, 2013
October 15, 2013
This all-new definitive guide to writing imaginative fiction takes a completely novel approach and fully exploits the visual nature of fantasy through original drawings, maps, renderings, and exercises to create a spectacularly beautiful and inspiring object. Employing an accessible, example-rich approach, Wonderbook energizes and motivates while also providing practical, nuts-and-bolts information needed to improve as a writer. Aimed at aspiring and intermediate-level writers, Wonderbook includes helpful sidebars and essays from some of the biggest names in fantasy today, such as George R. R. Martin, Lev Grossman, Neil Gaiman, Michael Moorcock, Catherynne M. Valente, and Karen Joy Fowler, to name a few.
Genre: Reference, Language + Art + Disciplines, Literary Collections
Sub-Genre: Composition + Creative Writing, Essays, Writing Skills
- Genre: Literary Collections, Language + Art + Disciplines, Reference
- Subgenre: Writing Skills, Essays, Composition + Creative Writing
- Publisher: Harry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Pages: 323
- Language: English
- Release Date: October 15, 2013
- Author: Jeff VanderMeer
- Illustrator: John Coulthart , Jeremy Zerfoss
- Online Item #: 14312898
- Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-81-5592
- ISBN: 9781419704420
- Item can be gift wrapped.
- Made in the USA or Imported