Autumn corn chowder
what you need
- 4 slices bacon
- Chopped 1/2 cup leek, finely chopped, white parts only
- 10 ounces peeled butternut squash, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn [or frozen corn]
- 6 cups water
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Stock Chicken
- 1 package Knorr Rice Sides - Chicken
- Cook bacon in a large saucepot until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove cooked bacon and set aside.
- Add leek, butternut squash, celery and corn to sauceppot. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Add water and bring to boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook 10 minutes. Remove 2 cups of broth and vegetables and set aside.
- Stir in Knorr Homestyle Stock Chicken and Knorr Rice Sides - Chicken made with Whole Grains. Cover and cook 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, Place reserved 2 cups of soup in blender and blend until smooth. Add blended soup to saucepot and cook until heated through.