loaded baked-potato mac & cheese
what you need
- 3 slices bacon*
- 1 box Annie’s Homegrown Shells & Real Aged Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional for extra cheesiness)
- Boil 6 cups water in a medium saucepan. While the water is heating, cook the bacon until crisp and remove from the pan and set aside to drain and cool.
- Boil the pasta according to the directions on the box. While the pasta is cooking, wash and chop chives and crumble cooled bacon.
- Empty the pasta into a colander and set aside to drain. While pasta is draining, add the butter, sour cream, and Real Aged Cheddar cheese packet to the warm saucepan and whisk until evenly combined.
- Add the pasta back to the pan along with bacon, chives, and shredded cheese (if using) and stir well to evenly coat with sauce.
*Bacon can be omitted in this recipe for a vegetarian version.