bananas foster popcorn ball minis
what you need
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup coarsely chopped banana chips
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark rum or 1 teaspoon rum extract
- Combine popcorn, pecans and banana chips in large bowl.
- Melt marshmallows, butter and brown sugar in large saucepan on low, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in rum.
- Pour over popcorn mixture; mix until well coated. Allow to cool a few minutes.
- With sprayed ice cream scoop or buttered hands, shape mixture into 12 balls. Insert lollipop stick into each if desired. Arrange on wax or parchment paper. Continue to press balls into shape as they cool. Cool completely.
- Wrap each with plastic or cello wrap and a ribbon, if desired. Store in airtight container.