black bean soup
what you need
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups canned, drained and rinsed black beans (1/2 beans reserved)
- 1 1/2 cups canned, drained and rinsed chickpeas (1/2 chickpeas reserved)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, sautéed
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, garnish
- Place vegetable stock, beans, chickpeas, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño pepper and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Select Soup program or lowest speed.
- Turn machine on and let it complete programmed cycle or process on highest speed 5 to 6 minutes or until steam escapes from vented lid.
- If adding optional ingredients, reduce speed to Variable 2 or Low speed.
- Add peppers and reserved beans through lid plug opening.
- Blend an additional 10 seconds.
- Serve immediately.