Cajun black beans and brown rice
what you need
- 1 tablespoon Pure Wesson Canola Oil
- 1 cup instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can Ranch Style Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Hunt's Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes with Garlic, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro*Tel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice and chili powder; cook 2 minutes or just until rice begins to turn golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until combined.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 15 minutes or just until rice is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff rice with fork before serving.