what you need
- 20 caramels
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats Cereal (any variety), divided
- Microwave caramels and water in medium microwavable bowl on high 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until caramels are completely melted, stirring after each .
- Stir in 1-1/2cups of the cereal. With hands slightly moistened with cold water, shape cereal Mixture into small balls, each about inch in diameter.
- Crush remaining 1/2 cup cereal; Place in shallow dish. Roll cereal balls in cereal until evenly coated.
- If using a stove: Melt caramels with water in heavy saucepan on low heat, stirring frequently until caramels are completely melted. Continue as directed.
This is a great recipe to help teach kids about first-hand about food safety. In addition to washing hands thoroughly before starting, make sure long hair is pulled back. When shaping Caramel Balls by hand, caution children not to lick their fingers or put their hands in their mouths during preparation.