caramel crispy Chex Mix
what you need
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate candies
- Place cereals in large microwavable bowl.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, butter and corn syrup uncovered on high heat about 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring and scraping bowl after every minute, just until cereal begins to brown.
- Cool 5 minutes; stir in candies. Spread on waxed paper to cool and break into bite-size pieces. Then place in festive Ziploc containers and bags to share with family and friends!
Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change. How hard should you pack brown sugar? Press it into a measuring cup firmly so it holds its shape when tipped out.