cauliflower spinach flan
what you need
- 6 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Maggi Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 head cauliflower, florets removed
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) can Nestlé Carnation Evaporated Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Move oven rack to lowest position. Butter a 9x9-inch baking dish.
- Combine water and bouillon in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower florets; cook about 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid. Transfer cauliflower to large bowl to cool. Place spinach in same pan with 1/2 cup reserved liquid and cook until just wilted. Drain and cool. Squeeze spinach dry; finely chop.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in same pan over medium heat. Add flour; whisk about 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk and remaining reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Whisk constantly over medium heat about 3 minutes or until sauce thickens and boils. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach. Using fingers, coarsely crumble cauliflower into spinach mixture. Stir gently to blend. Spread vegetable mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until heated through. Serve hot.