Ore-Ida cheesy roast beef and potato pie
what you need
- 1 Cup Ore-Ida Potatoes O'Brien
- 1 Heinz HomeStyle Rich Mushroom Gravy
- 1/4 Cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins The Original Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 Pound roast beef cooked, into small cubes
- 14 Ounces sliced carrots, drained
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons green onion, sliced
- 2 1/2 Cups pancake mix
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese or Swiss shredded
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Coat 10-inch deep dish pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together gravy, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and cornstarch until smooth.
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe baking dish, combine Potatoes O’Brien, roast beef, carrots and gravy mixture.
- Cover with wax paper and microwave on high heat setting for 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through, stirring once halfway through.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together egg and milk.
- Add baking mix and mix well until dough ball forms.
- Knead dough about 10 times, adding more baking mix or flour as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Roll out onto lightly floured surface to form a large circle.
- Transfer to pie plate, and press into bottom and sides.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly in and crimp edge of dough.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
- Bake for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes and cut into 8 wedges.
If desired, substitute shredded cheddar cheese with shredded Swiss cheese.