what you need
- 3 or 4 medium-size apples, such as Gala or Fuji (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup frozen dark sweet pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon organic agave nectar
- 1/4 cup Simply Balanced Organic Apple Juice
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples.
- Toss apple slices, cherries and agave nectar in large microwave-safe casserole or bowl. Cover loosely.
- Microwave on high heat 10 minutes until apples are very tender. Bowl will be hot. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes.
- Blend in food processor until smooth; add apple juice and blend again.
Store in individual portions covered in fridge up to 3 days or in freezer up to 3 months; thaw overnight in fridge.