cherry cookie balls
what you need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed
- 40 maraschino cherries, patted dry
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 2 teaspoon red colored sugar
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into (1-1/2inch) balls; press to flatten. Top each with cherry; wrap cream cheese Mixture around cherry to completely enclose cherry. Re-roll into balls. Freeze min.
- Mix melted chocolate and food coloring until blended. Dip balls in chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Sprinkle with sugar. Refrigerate hour or until firm.
- Variation: Omit food coloring and colored sugar. Prepare using ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
To easily coat cookie balls with the melted chocolate, add balls, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Use 2 forks to roll balls in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove balls with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place balls in prepared pan; let stand until chocolate coating is firm.