chicken apple sandwich courtesy of the Food Network
what you need
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 12-14 ounces thinly sliced deli chicken
- 4 ounces American cheese
- 8 ounces Muenster cheese
- 8 ounces provolone cheese
- 8 slices multi-grain bread, toasted
- Hidden Valley Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Sandwich Spread & Dip or
- Hidden Valley Smoked Bacon Ranch Sandwich Spread & Dip or
- Hidden Valley Spicy Chipotle Pepper Sandwich Spread & Dip or
- Hidden Valley Country Herb Ranch Sandwich Spread & Dip
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese
- Spread one side of each piece of toasted bread with 1 tablespoon of your favorite Hidden Valley Sandwich Spread & Dip flavor.
- Select the corresponding cheese and put a slice of cheese on each piece of prepared bread, on the spread side.
- Add the veggies and fruit. Simply divide the apple slices, dried cranberries and onions into 4 equal portions and layer on 4 of the prepared slices.
- Divide the deli meat into 4 equal portions and place on the veggies and fruit side of the slices. Top each deli meat-topped slice with a cheese-topped slice.