Ore-Ida chicken bake
what you need
- 3 1/2 cups Ore-Ida Southern Style Hash Browns
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Teaspoons Wyler's Chicken Bouillon Granules
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups chicken, chopped
- 2/3 cup corn flakes, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Coat 11x7 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving liquid in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to reserved liquid to equal 1 cup.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together flour, salt, milk and reserved mushroom liquid until well blended.
- Add granules and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream until smooth. Stir in chicken, hash browns and mushrooms, and mix well.
- Spoon evenly into baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cereal and butter. Sprinkle evenly on top of hash brown mixture.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
If desired, substitute chopped cooked chicken with chopped cooked turkey.