- Active Time 10m
- Total Time 30m
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (about 2 cups total)
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 1/2 tablets (90 g each) Nestle Abuelita Chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Maggi Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce from a can, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and shredded
- 12 (6 inch) corn tostadas
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Panela cheese
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until soft.
Add tomato puree, Abuelita, water, bouillon and chiles; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 2 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
Add chicken; cook for 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
Top each tostada with 1/2 cup chicken mixture.
Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Nestle. All rights reserved.