chicken with white wine & cream sauce
what you need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package (10 ounces/300 grams) cremini mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup white wine [or water]
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Stock - Chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken. Remove chicken and reserve drippings; set aside.
- Cook onion with garlic in reserved drippings, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly reduced, about 3 minutes. Stir in Knorr Homestyle Stock - Chicken until stock is melted. Return chicken to skillet and simmer, covered, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes. Stir in basil.
To thicken sauce: Cook uncovered for an additional 5 -10 minutes.
For a lower-fat alternative, omit heavy cream and stir in 2 tablespoons reduced fat cream cheese before serving.