chiles rellenos cornbread
what you need
- 2 cups stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup creamed corn
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the sour cream, eggs, and creamed corn. Fold in the cornmeal mixture, green chiles, and cheese until just blended. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.