upside down cinnamon apple coffee cake
what you need
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1 (12.4 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup apples in sprayed pan.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters; Place in large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
- In small bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar and corn syrup; mix well. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
- Bake 28 to 38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
- Remove lid from icing. Microwave icing on HIGH for 10 to 15 seconds or until of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.
Indulge yourself with this apple-flecked sticky-bun cake, easily assembled with refrigerated cinnamon roll dough.