coffee and chocolate chip muffins with glaze
what you need
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brewed The Original Donut Shop K-Cup Coffee, cooled
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- FOR GLAZE
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons brewed The Original Donut Shop K-Cup Coffee, cooled
- Heat oven to 350°F and line muffin tin with cups.
- Beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add extract and eggs and beat again.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir together milk and cooled coffee. Add flour mixture and milk mixture alternately to creamed butter until combined. Do not over-mix. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill 12 muffin liners 3/4 full and bake 18 minutes. Let cool.
- For glaze, stir together powdered sugar and coffee until dissolved. Dip tops of muffins in glaze and let set.
If you cannot find the coffee extract, substitute vanilla extract.