cold avocado soup with tomato salsa
what you need
- What you need- Soup
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups Silk Unsweetened soy or almondmilk
- 1/4 cup Original Silk Creamer
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- What you need - Salsa
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Make it - Soup
- halve avocados and remove flesh with a spoon.
- in a blender purée the avocado, green onion, Silk, Silk Creamer, ice water, lime juice and salt. Season to taste with black pepper and/or cayenne.
- thin with additional soymilk if desired. Serve garnished with fresh tomato salsa.
- Make it- Salsa
- mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Serve as garnish for avocado soup or with tortilla chips as an appetizer.