cream of asparagus soup
what you need
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, cooked (reserve 1 cup pieces for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half & half
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place asparagus and chicken broth into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Soup program or lowest speed.
- Turn machine on and let it complete programmed cycle or process on highest speed 6 minutes or until hot.
- Reduce to Variable 2 or Low speed and remove lid plug.
- Add half & half through lid plug opening. Blend 10 seconds.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve over reserved asparagus spears.