crescent strawberry shortcake
what you need
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or orange juice
- Red food color, if desired
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In small saucepan, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch.
- In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, combine water and 1/2 cup strawberries; purée until smooth. If desired, strain to remove seeds.
- Stir puréed strawberries into sugar mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in liqueur. Cool 10 minutes. Stir in remaining 2 cups strawberries and enough food color for desired red color.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease cookie sheet. Separate dough into 8 triangles. For each roll, place 2 triangles together, one on top of the other; press all edges together to seal. Roll up, starting at shortest side of triangle and rolling to opposite point. Place point side down on greased cookie sheet. Brush each roll with egg white. Sprinkle evenly with 2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cool 15 minutes. Split rolls horizontally; place on individual dessert plates. Fill and top each with strawberry mixture and whipped topping.