Ore-Ida crispy potato Bites
what you need
- 1 package Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash Cut Russet Potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup romano cheese shredded
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- Microwave potatoes according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, preheat oil in a 3 quart heavy saucepan over medium high heat to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, mix together hot potatoes, milk and butter, and mash with a potato masher until smooth. For a smoother consistency, mix with an electric mixer to desired consistency.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, romano cheese, flour and egg, and mix well.
- Drop 2 Tablespoons of batter into hot oil for each and fry for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Fry 6 to 8 at a time to avoid overcrowding the oil. Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish with grated romano cheese and serve with your favorite marinara sauce if desired.
If desired, substitute shredded romano cheese with shredded parmesan cheese