fiesta salsa with roasted peppers
what you need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen Simply Balanced® Corn
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, torn or chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 or 2 medium jalapenos, seeded and chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- Juice of 1 or 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- Simply Balanced Yellow Corn Tortilla Chips
- Heat oven to 450°F. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over bottom of large rimmed baking pan. Add pepper and stir to coat with oil and spread evenly.
- Roast 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Add corn; stir well and spread evenly. Roast 5 to 7 minutes longer until corn begins to turn golden.
- Pour into serving bowl and stir in remaining ingredients, except chips. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.
Replace the jalapeno with minced banana pepper for less heat.