weeknight French dip sandwich
what you need
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 (15 ounce) package Hormel Slow Simmered Beef Roast Au Jus
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 4 French rolls or hoagie buns, split and toasted
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil and/or butter (optional)
- Olives on picks (optional)
- In large skillet cook onion in hot oil and/or butter 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Season to taste with ground pepper. Meanwhile, heat beef roast according to package microwave directions. Carefully drain juices (au jus) from roast into a saucepan; add broth. Bring to boiling.
- Using 2 forks, pull roast into shreds. Divide meat among 4 French rolls. Top with onions. Serve sandwiches with small bowls of au jus mixture.
Baked cottage fries and coleslaw make great sides for this meal.