game thyme tater topper
what you need
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and thickly sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 small fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound broccoli, trimmed into bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped Planters salted almonds (optional)
- 1 cup melted Velveeta
- Heat oven to 400°F. Bake potatoes 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until soft.
- While potatoes are baking, combine carrot, onion, pepper, mushrooms, thyme, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes, toss broccoli with another tablespoon of oil and stir into vegetables. Roast 10 to 15 minutes more or until tender and browned. Remove thyme sprigs and discard.
- When potatoes are done, cut in half, fluff insides with fork and mix another 1/2 tablespoon olive oil plus salt and pepper into each half. Top with roasted vegetables and almonds, drizzle with Velveeta, and serve.