gluten-free veggie lasagna
what you need
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large potatoes), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Simply Balanced Organic Tomato Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix spinach, ricotta, parmesan, egg, salt and oregano. Arrange 1/3 of sweet potatoes in dish, overlapping slices slightly. Dollop half of ricotta mixture on top, then spread evenly. Spread half of tomato sauce on top, then sprinkle 1/3 of mozzarella over sauce. Repeat layering once. Arrange remaining sweet potatoes on top.
- Cover dish tightly with foil. (The lasagna can be refrigerated for up to a day at this point.)
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove foil, and sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top. Bake until a knife easily slides through center and cheese on top is melted and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
For freezing and reheating, completely cool the lasagna. Cut into 8 even pieces and freeze in individual portions in freezer-safe resealable plastic bags for up to 1 month. Unwrap and cover with a damp paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave until hot, about 5 minutes.