grilled pork apple kebabs
what you need
- 1 whole (18.4-ounce) pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Fuji apples, cored and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch chunks, pieces separated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. If using bamboo skewers, soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the pork, apples, and onion onto the skewers and season with salt and pepper. Rub with the oil. In a small bowl, mix the syrup and spices.
- Grill the skewers, turning each skewer to evenly brown, until grill marks appear, about 8 minutes. Brush with the maple syrup mixture and grill until the meat is cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Drizzle with more syrup, if desired.