what you need
- 1 large or 2 small ripe avocados, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 very thin slice of onion
- 1 large clove garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small tomato
- Juice of 1 small lime (about 2 tablespoons of lime juice)
- Salt to taste
- On half of large cutting board, mash avocado with fork or potato masher to desired texture.
- On other half, finely chop onion and garlic; add to avocado. Chop tomato; add to avocado. Mash to mix.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Squeeze in lime juice; sprinkle with salt. Stir to mix. Serve on your favorite Mexican dish or with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.