harvest morning muffins
what you need
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin or two 6-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, butter, and sour cream. Fold in the flour mixture, walnuts, and cranberries until just combined. Divide among muffin cups.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then cool on the rack.