Hawaiian pineapple sweet & sour smoked sausage
what you need
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet chili garlic sauce
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Cook and stir sausage and bell peppers over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned and peppers are tender.
- Add chili garlic sauce and pineapple; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
For added fresh flavor, stir in chopped fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime.
Jarred Sweet Chili Garlic sauce can be found in the Asian foods section of the grocery store. Mae Ploy and Thai Kitchen are popular brands of this readily available sauce.