Hillshire Farm sausage alfredo
what you need
- 1 package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Sauté sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add cream and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Add pasta to sauce and toss.
For added fresh flavor add 1 cup frozen green peas in last 3-4 minutes of cooking pasta. Continue as directed.
For added visual appeal, garnish with chopped tomato and sliced green onion, if desired.