maple salmon with harvest quinoa
what you need
- 1 cup Simply Balanced® Rainbow Quinoa or Quinoa
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Simply Balanced Alaskan Sockeye Salmon Fillets, thawed as directed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 or 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup Simply Balanced Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle salmon with chili powder, salt and pepper. Prepare as desired according to package directions.
- Stir apple, cranberries, pecans and onions into cooked quinoa. In a small bowl, combine syrup and mustard; toss about half with quinoa mixture.
- To serve, arrange salmon on quinoa; drizzle with remaining sauce. Garnish with additional green onion, if desired.