Ore-Ida loaded mashed potato casserole
what you need
- 1 package Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash Cut Russet Potatoes
- 2/3 cup canned evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Coat an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Microwave potatoes according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix together hot potatoes, milk and butter, and mash with a potato masher until smooth. For a smoother consistency, mix with an electric mixer.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, chives, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Spread evenly into baking dish.
- Top with bacon crumbles and cheese.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
If desired, substitute shredded cheddar cheese with shredded Monterey Jack cheese.